On 21 April 2023, AWH was alerted to activity on our systems which indicated a potential cyber incident. We engaged external cybersecurity experts to commence an investigation into that activity and we took immediate action to ensure the ongoing security and integrity of our systems.
We have restored all services with minimal disruption.
However, our investigations have now identified that a small subset of data was likely taken from our systems by an unauthorised third party. Unfortunately, despite our concentrated efforts, we have been unable to confirm the contents of the impacted dataset.
As such, although there is nothing to suggest that employee information has actually been taken from our systems, we cannot rule out the possibility that an unauthorised third party may have accessed it.
We are not aware of any evidence of attempts at misuse of this information and our monitoring shows no indication that files relating to AWH have been published externally (including on the deep, dark, or open web).
However, we take the privacy of our employees and former employees incredibly seriously and are informing you of this development and preventative measures you can take to safeguard your information.
Information we hold in relation to our current and former employees may include the following
- Contact Details
- Date of Birth
- Employment Records
- Superannuation Information
- Taxation Information
We recommend that you take the following simple preventative steps to protect your information and avoid any potential scams:
- Look out for scammers – including suspicious emails, texts, phone calls or messages on social media. Never click on any links that look suspicious, never provide your passwords, or any personal information.
- Consider changing your online passwords. Use strong passwords and enable multi-factor authentication for your online accounts where possible.
- To monitor your financial records, you can apply for an annual free credit report or credit report ban from each of the consumer credit reporting agencies below:
- Equifax: https://www.equifax.com.au/personal/products/credit-and-identity-products
- Illion: https://www.creditcheck.illion.com.au/
- Experian: http://www.experian.com.au/consumer-reports
You can find further information about online safety, cyber security and helpful tips to protect yourself at the Australian Cyber Security Centre or the ACCC’s Scam watch website.
AWH remains commited to protecting your information.
If you have any questions about the incident, or would like further information, please contact us by email at [email protected]