AWH’s wool division sets new standards in wool handling performance, through continuous investment in machinery, automation, software systems and new technology.
AWH provides and services the three national wool auction centres in Sydney, Melbourne and Fremantle. In these centres, AWH manages and conducts in conjunction with our broker clients, the sale of the national wool clip offered at auction. AWH then manages a high proportion of the settlement of the sales transactions circa $600 million annually.
Wool services provided:
- Computerized wool inventory management
- Wool receivals, core and grab sampling, handling and storage
- Management and proxy production of catalogues, sale results, sale invoices and wool delivery orders
- High-density wool dumping and container packing
- Provision and operation of national wool selling centres with wool auction rooms for broker clients
- Live capture and dissemination of sales results
- Financial settlement and post sale delivery and export facilitation
- Management of the distribution of industry data via EDI network
- Provision of internet viewing capability for customers